[Lustre-discuss] Compile lustre 1.8.4 errors+centos 5.5

Brian J. Murrell brian at whamcloud.com
Tue Feb 1 03:30:07 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 11:40 +0100, Alfonso Pardo wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> I have patched my kernel with lustre 1.8.5 and work fine. Anybody known
> why work it with 1.8.5 and not work with 1.8.4?

Because subsequent releases of Lustre have support for newer kernels.
We can't possibly have patches in a given release of Lustre for which a
kernel was not yet available.

As you have discovered, if you want to use the kernel you are trying to
build for, you will need to upgrade to Lustre 1.8.5.

Cheers,
b.