[Lustre-discuss] Compile lustre 1.8.4 errors+centos 5.5

Brian J. Murrell brian at whamcloud.com
Mon Feb 7 11:41:41 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-02-03 at 09:35 +0100, Alfonso Pardo wrote:
> But, I have used a kernel with subsequenced recomended by Oracle, I have
> downloaded the source kernel from Oracle lustre 1.8.4 web page.

But you are trying to patch it with Lustre 1.8.5.  You cannot (usually)
do that.  If you use 1.8.4 you need to use the kernel that it was built
to work with.  If you use 1.8.5 you need to use the kernel that *it* was
built to work with.  You cannot (again, usually) mix and match the
supported kernel from one Lustre release with the patches from another.

b.