[Lustre-discuss] osc_brw_redo_request error on clients

Oleg Drokin green at whamcloud.com
Wed Feb 9 14:11:35 PST 2011

Hello!

On Feb 9, 2011, at 4:35 PM, James Robnett wrote:
> Normally I've had no problems but recently I have multiple clients
> reporting the following error:
>
> LustreError: 3935:0:(osc_request.c:1629:osc_brw_redo_request()) @@@ redo
> for recoverable error  req at ffff8101ae084000 x1358858531428366/t60136289752
> o4->lustre-OST0004_UUID at 192.168.1.12@o2ib:6/4 lens 448/608 e 0 to 1 dl
> 1297285890 ref 2 fl Interpret:R/0/0 rc 0/0

One line before that there should be the actual RPC error specified that we need to know what happened.

> which in turn appears to generate a premature EOF on our user software.

Actually this message does what it does - resends the request, so the userspace should not notice
any problems. On the other hand if any other requests aside from brw requests fail, they might not
get the resending benefit and cause userspace-visible errors.

Bye,
    Oleg