[Lustre-discuss] Is this setup possible

vilobh meshram meshram.vilobh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:54:43 PST 2011

Hi,

Is this setup possible.I want to install a patchless client on the client
nodes.

Following are details :-

1) Server has no OFED ; client has OFED 1.5.2.

2) Client / Server has Lustre 1.8.3.

3) Client Linux version   : 2.6.30

    Server Linux Version : 2.6.18-164.11.1

Is it possible that if I install different Linux version of Client/Server
but same Lustre version on Client/Server the things will work fine.
Also since I want to install patchless client on the client side do I need
to restrict the Lustre setup to some specific version of the Linux Kernel.

Thanks,
Vilobh