[Lustre-discuss] Help! Newbie trying to set up Lustre network

Bob Ball ball at umich.edu
Tue Feb 22 11:08:15 PST 2011

Quite often, sunrpc takes the port needed by Lustre, before Lustre can
get to it.  That results in the messages below.   No recourse but to
reboot.  Put the mount in your /etc/fstab as the simplest approach.
This may not be the ONLY reason why this happens, but it is the one that
has most often bitten me.

10.10.1.140 at tcp0:/myLustre /lustre/myLustre lustre _netdev,localflock 0 0

bob