[Lustre-discuss] Help! Newbie trying to set up Lustre network

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Tue Feb 22 11:16:20 PST 2011

>Dmesg and syslog are clean and has no entries about lustre client.

... are you _sure_?  Even /var/log/messages?

I ask because this sure seems like the Lustre modules are not loaded (you
can check that with the lsmod command).  If they aren't loaded, then the
core issue will be buried somewhere in the messages file (the trick is
to look at the earliest related Lustre messages).  For example, if you
run into the problem that Bob Ball mentioned where one of the RPC services
is using the Lustre port, you can find the "Address already in use" error
message if you look at the right spot.

If the lustre modules are loaded, then it's beats me what is causing this
problem.

--Ken