[Lustre-discuss] Help! Newbie trying to set up Lustre network

Brian J. Murrell brian at whamcloud.com
Tue Feb 22 12:09:23 PST 2011

On 11-02-22 03:03 PM, Xiang, Yang wrote:
> But my mount command is failing and that's the issue:
> mount -t lustre 192.168.0.2 at tcp0:/temp /lustre
> mount.lustre: mount 192.168.0.2 at tcp0:/temp at /lustre failed: No such
> device
> Are the lustre modules loaded?

Right.  So, if after such a command, lsmod still shows no lustre modules
loaded, then it would seem your system is not loading the modules on
demand, as it should.  Or that there is an issue in which they are
failing to install correctly.

You can try to manually load the modules before issuing the mount
command with:

# modprobe lustre

Of course, if that fails, the syslog kernel target and/or dmesg should
be informative of why.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell