[Lustre-discuss] clients gets EINTR from time to time

Francois Chassaing fch at weborama.com
Thu Feb 24 06:35:03 PST 2011

OK, the app is used to deal with standard disks, that is why it is not handling the EINTR signal propoerly.
But I assumed that Lustre is 'just' a filesystem, so applications do not need to handle access to it any other way that the usual way.
Anyhow, the signal is from the OS not from the App... So it means that the OS signals the app that it has encoutered an error while trying to write to a file, and it is the source of that that I want to track down.
Because this app error only arise every few days, it means that it is not a normal condition : something sowewhere in the FS causes it.
Interpreting it as a fatal error is certainly a mistake, but I still don't know why I'm getting this EINTR signal from the OS...

Regards

weborama	line	François Chassaing Directeur Technique - CTO