[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.1 Release

Diego Moreno Diego.Moreno-Lazaro at bull.net
Fri Feb 25 05:18:24 PST 2011

Hi Peter,

That's great news! It's really interesting to know about the Lustre 2.1
release with all the community involved in it.

I imagine it's still too soon but is there any roadmap or any date for
the end of development and testing?

Is there any features list or it's still to be defined in the mailing list?

Regards,

Diego

On 24/02/2011 23:23, Peter Jones wrote:

> Hi there
>
> There has been much discussion within the Lustre community about the future of the Lustre 2.x codeline with the following outcome.
>
>   Roles
>   -I have taken on the role of Release Manager for the Lustre 2.1 release and Oleg Drokin (green at whamcloud.com) will be the Technical Lead for this release.
>
>   Issue Tracking
>   -Issues relating to this release will be tracked in Whamcloud's JIRA system -http://jira.whamcloud.com  . Signup is open and free.
>   -To see the present list of blockers, please use the filter "Lustre 2.1 Blockers". This can be conveniently accessed by selecting Manage Filters and then Popular.
>
>   Source Control
>   -The code for the release will be made from Whamcloud's git instance -http://git.whamcloud.com/
>   -Patches contributed by engineers from third party organizations will be according to arrangement similar to the kernel (seehttp://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Submitting+Changes
> for details). The outcome will be that no single organization will own the copyright to this release
>
>   Testing
>   -The latest build can be downloaded from thehttp://build.whamcloud.com/
>   -Testing results from both Whamcloud and third party organizations will be stored in Maloo, the Whamcloud test database -http://maloo.whamcloud.com  <http://maloo.whamcloud.com/>. Seehttp://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Using+Maloo  for details on how to use Maloo either to view progress or to upload your own testing results.
>
>   Weekly Call
>   -A weekly status call will take place Tuesday at 1:30pm PT. This call is open to any interested parties. 866-914-3976 534986#
>
> This was considered the most expedient plan for the Lustre 2.1 release, but a different approach may be taken for ongoing Lustre 2.x releases. This is still under consideration within the Lustre community.
>
> The Lustre community organizations - EOFS, HPCFS, and OpenSFS - have all expressed support for these plans and we look forward to collaborating with the community for this release.

>   Regards
>
>   Peter
>

> NB\ Lustre is a trademark of the Oracle Corporation
>
> --
> Peter Jones
> Whamcloud, Inc.
> www.whamcloud.com