[Lustre-discuss] Using a secondary krb5.conf.lustre for kerberized lustre

Josephine Palencia josephin at psc.edu
Mon Feb 28 13:58:49 PST 2011

Hi,

We're trying to implement a second krb5.conf called krb5.conf.lustre to
be used by the client to mount the lustre fs with kerberos turned on.

The primary krb5.conf of the client uses the local site's kerberos realm
while the secondary krb5.conf.lustre is modified to use the kerberos realm
in which the lustre servers reside.

At the client, before mounting the lustre fs, we set the parameter

export KRB5_CONFIG=/etc/krb5.conf.lustre

1. Will this achieve what I intend it to do?
    (does kerberos lustre use this variable?)

2. I also noticed the error below  on the client related to this.

Feb 28 14:52:32 bluemoon kernel: Lustre: 2172:0:(gss_svc_upcall.c:1447:gss_init_
svc_upcall()) Init channel is not opened by lsvcgssd, following request
might be dropped until lsvcgssd is active

Feedbacks would be appreciated.

Suggestions as to where I can/should post this is welcomed also.

Thanks,
josephine