[Lustre-discuss] OST problem

Lucius luciusftp at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 21:05:45 PST 2011

Hello everyone,

I would like to extend a OSS, which is still in current use. I would like to extend it with a server which has exactly the same HW configuration, and I’d like to extend it in an active/active mode.
I couldn’t find any documentation about this, as most of the examples show how to use failnode during formatting. However, I need to extend the currently working system without losing data.
Also, tunefs.lustre examples show only the parameter configuration, but they won’t tell if you need to synchronize the file system before setting the How would the system know that on the given server identified by its unique IP, which OST mirrors should run?

Thank you in advance,
Viktor