[Lustre-discuss] Problem on OST data recovery

thhsieh thhsieh at piano.rcas.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Jan 13 19:33:13 PST 2011

Dear Andreas,

Thanks very much for your response. In any case I am very appriciate.

I did not change the strip size of the Lustre defautl value. So I think
our Lustre filesystem uses 1-strip. Now the problem is how to re-attach
the recovered files to the Lustre name space.

In fact, we have a completed list of filenames which are migrated to
the new OST. However, only filenames, but without file modified time,
size, owner, permission .... etc. But we can still guess about them.

So, is there a way to re-attach the files in OST to the Lustre name
space? This is the major difficulty we are facing now.

Thanks very much.

T.H.Hsieh