[Lustre-discuss] Questions on Lustre I/O Tunables

huangql huangql at ihep.ac.cn
Mon Jan 24 19:23:14 PST 2011

Dear,all

As the manual said this tunable "/proc/fs/lustre/llite/<fsname>-<uid>/max_cache_mb" is the maximum amount of inactive data cached by the client.  I think it's  active data not inactive that is frequently accessed. And with this client reads data from cache without disk access.
Could someone give some explaination about the tunable and suggestions on how to adjust this parameter to get high performance?

We really appreciate your any ideas.

Best Regards,
Qiulan

Best Regards
QiuLan Huang
2011-01-25
Computing center,the Institute of High Energy Physics, China
Huang, Qiulan                        Tel: (+86) 10 8823 6012-604
P.O. Box 918-7                       Fax: (+86) 10 8823 6839
Beijing 100049  P.R. China           Email: huangql at ihep.ac.cn