[Lustre-discuss] free space reported with quotas

Brian J. Murrell brian at whamcloud.com
Tue Jan 25 06:47:33 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 10:00 +0100, Alfonso Pardo wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I have a
> lustre-filesystem with 300TBytes. A aplication mount a subdirectory with
> "bind" option and user quotas. This user only own 100TBytes configured
> with lustre quotas,

Do you mean that a given user has a quota limit of 100TB on a filesystem
with a capacity of 300TB?

> but when report the free space show 300TBytes.

Yes.  That's how filesystems work.  If my supposition above is correct,
even though a given user might only have a 100TB quota, df still reports
to them the totals for the filesystem, not their prescribed quotas.

> is it possible show the free space correctly?

It is being shown correctly.

You can use the "lfs quota" command to get the particulars on a user's
quota and usage of it, etc.

b.