[Lustre-discuss] Should run_*.sh CLIENT_LOADS scripts fail during failover?

Brian J. Murrell brian at whamcloud.com
Mon Jul 4 11:06:36 PDT 2011

On 11-06-30 09:56 PM, Jay Lan wrote:
> Hi,

> During recovery_*_scale.sh tests those commands used in
> CLIENT_LOADS surely will result in write error since the
> lustre filesystem is no longer available.

Not if the target is mounted in failover (vs. failout) mode.  One of the
basic principles of Lustre is that when a target fails (and it is
mounted in failover mode) I/O to/from it will block (not fail) until the
target is functional again.

The recovery_*_scale.sh tests are written to stress test that basic
principle.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell