[Lustre-discuss] lustre ofed compatibility

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jun 9 16:48:24 PDT 2011

>Doing a manual modprobe on lustre also fails:
>> # modprobe lustre
>> WARNING: Error inserting osc
>> (/lib/modules/2.6.18-194.3.1.el5_lustre.1.8.4/updates/kernel/fs/lustre/osc.ko):

The core problem is Lustre is compiled using the wrong symbol versions
for the OFed you've actually got in the kernel.

This might help you figure out what is wrong:

  http://lists.lustre.org/pipermail/lustre-discuss/2010-March/012853.html

My suggestion: read that message, poke around a bit (that message
will explain how) and figure out how the symbol versions differ,
and fix it.  If that message doesn't help you, let us know and we
can go from there.

--Ken