[Lustre-discuss] ZFS question: HW raid5 vs raidz?

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Fri Jun 10 09:58:02 PDT 2011

I was checking out zfsonlinux.org to see how things have been going
lately and I had a question. Whats the difference, or whats better:
Use a hardware raid5(or 6) or use zfs to create a raidz pool? In terms
of Lustre, is one preferred over another?

David

--
Personally, I liked the university. They gave us money and facilities,
we didn't have to produce anything! You've never been out of college!