[Lustre-discuss] Lustre v2.1 RHEL 6.1 build does not work

Oleg Drokin green at whamcloud.com
Fri Jun 24 15:56:43 PDT 2011

Hello!

On Jun 24, 2011, at 6:01 PM, Jon Zhu wrote:

> Got it. Right now the client is running the same patched Redhat 6.1 xen kernel as MGS and OSS node, I guess that's not the **patchless** client you mentioned.

Well, lately all clients are "patchless" meaning we no longer ship a lot of vfs patches we used to.

> Does patchless client means client running on un-patched kernel? Is there a way to build such client from the latest v2.1 code base? Or I can use official 2.0 release client to work with v2.1 MDS/OSS nodes?

You can build a fully patchless client from 2.1 sources, just checkout latest 2.1 and build it aginst your kernel-devel package
(--with-linux=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build to configure while booted into rhel6.1 kernel from RH).

Bye,
    Oleg
--
Oleg Drokin