[Lustre-discuss] mixed oss/ost performance question

Samuel Aparicio saparicio at bccrc.ca
Fri Mar 4 14:14:01 PST 2011

I have a general question about mixing of osts with slower or faster backing storage.
we have a fair number of slower "legacy" disk pools and a bunch of newer faster ones.
the fast and slow are aggregated separately to provide OST storage targets with a uniform speed characteristic (slow or fast),

my question is whether it would be better to make two separate filesystems (say lustre1 and lustre2) with the slow and fast OSTs respectively,
or is it reasonable to have these all under one filesystem.

sam aparicio