[Lustre-discuss] clean unmounting of OST with external journal

David Dillow dillowda at ornl.gov
Sun Mar 6 18:06:48 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-03-06 at 17:43 -0800, Samuel Aparicio wrote:
> I am not sure why this is happening. The external raid partitions of
> relevance are all presented under the same /dev/ device when they are
> stopped/re-started.

I don't think I've seen the exact messages you've produced, but I have
seen similar issues when the external journal isn't on the same device
major/minor as it is expected to be on.

I would suggest checking /proc/partitions and/or ls -l on the device to
see if the major or minor number is changing. It looks like the AOE
major is fixed to 152, so perhaps the minor is the one changing on you.
I don't know enough about AOE to know if there's a way to force a
specific minor, though.

--
Dave Dillow
National Center for Computational Science