[Lustre-discuss] Setting up quotas after the fact

Sebastien Piechurski spiechurski at sgi.com
Fri Mar 11 09:13:15 PST 2011

Gregory,

Lustre does not (yet) store file sizes on the MDT (there is a project called SOM for Size On MDT, which is currently suspended I think). Instead, when a file size is requested, each OST holding objects for this file are queried for these objects size, which are then summed up.

So, the quotacheck actually hits the OSTs.