[Lustre-discuss] quotacheck fails on filesystem with a permanently inactivated OST

Samuel Aparicio saparicio at bccrc.ca
Mon Mar 14 10:36:01 PDT 2011

Well I upgraded the OSTs, MGS/MDT and clients to 1.8.5, rebooted and remounted everything on the OST/MGS,  the issue seems to persist though.

In the MDS kernel log I notice
Lustre: 7178:0:(quota_master.c:1716:mds_quota_recovery()) Only 0/7 OSTs are active, abort quota recovery

but all the OSTs are active and the filesystem operational ...

In the client log I notice
LustreError: 6940:0:(quota_check.c:253:lov_quota_check()) lov idx 3 inactive

the steps followed here were:
create lustre filesystem with 7 OSTs, quotas as ug enabled at mkfs time
permanently inactivate one of them having removed all the files first
lfs quotacheck fails the first time around with the errors above.

any ideas?

thanks

sam aparicio