[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.0 client cache size

Alex Kulyavtsev aik at fnal.gov
Thu Mar 31 10:36:56 PDT 2011

We used POSIX_FADV_DONTNEED in distributed iozone test to clear cache
on slave client after initial write and before client reads back same
data.  It helped to see real data rates instead of unrealistically
high read rate due do cacheing. Perhaps it was non-lustre (NFS) file
server.

If you do scripting, small executable like
   http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/asci/benchmarks.html  (scroll
down to Clearcache)
can be called after "cp" or "dd."
Alex.