[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.4 - Local mount of ost for backup purposes, fs type ldiskfs or ext4?

Cory Spitz spitzcor at cray.com
Wed May 11 15:44:24 PDT 2011

Hi.

You didn't say what your kernel version was.  Check dmesg, you'll likely
get a better reason for the failure there.  It's possible that the
force_over_8tb option is needed and not passed along appropriately.
Check out Lustre bugzilla 24432 and attachment 32731 which honors the
force_over_8tb mount option.  It'll be included in 1.8.6.

-Cory