[Lustre-discuss] df and du difference on lustre fs

Ekaterina Popova popova at ihep.ru
Thu May 26 05:19:25 PDT 2011

Greetings,
I've got such strange situation:

We've installed lustre-client(2.0.0) and xen(4.0) on Debian squeeze.
Then we loaded img files with virtual machine images on lustre (images
were striped on 2 OSTs). VM started but then crashed. After that I tried
to remove img files from lustre. Client hangs and xen server hangs too.
After that I removed img files from another lustre client without any
problems and reboot xen server. When I make df -h it seems that img
files are on the lustre, but ls command doesn't show deleted files and
du -sm shows correct used space on lustre.

df -h /lustre/
10.165.175.201 at tcp0:/lihep
                       5.4T   62G  5.1T   2% /lustre

du -sm /lustre/
41630    /lustre/

On OSTs :

# df -h
/dev/md10             2.7T   32G  2.6T   2% /ost1

# df -h
/dev/md13             2.7T   30G  2.6T   2% /ost2

How can I fix it ?

With regards,
Ekaterina Popova