[Lustre-discuss] reorder OSTs?

Liam Forbes loforbes at alaska.edu
Wed Nov 9 15:46:58 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 9:05 AM, DEGREMONT Aurelien
<aurelien.degremont at cea.fr> wrote:
> Liam Forbes a écrit :
>>
>> I just built a lustre filesystem, and it appears to be working fine.
>> However, I think I'd like to reorder the OSTs in order to spread the
>> work across the OSSes better.  Is this something I can do on the fly,
>> or do I have to rebuild the filesystem in a different order?  If the
>> latter, I need to do that now before we put any users on it.  Or maybe
>> the ordering doesn't matter?
>
> You cannot reorder them but you do not need too.
> If your file are striped, Lustre will automatically balanced the load,
> choosing OSTs on different OSS in priority.

Ah, good.  Thanks!

--
Regards,
-liam

-There are uncountably more irrational fears than rational ones. -P. Dolan
Liam Forbes       HPC Systems Analyst,      HPC&S Group Leader,      CISSP
ARSC, U of AK, Fairbanks   lforbes at arsc.edu 907-450-8618 fax: 907-450-8605