[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 1.8.7 client on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Donald J. Kolva dkolva at atlab.com
Thu Nov 10 13:36:43 PST 2011

Brian,

Thanks for your replies.

Are there any "standard" steps for getting the modules to run in the kernel.  We have downloaded the .deb files from Whamcloud, installed them with dpkg, then rebooted (expecting to have the modules loaded). The modules didn't seem to load, so we ran modular-assistant, which throws the "/usr/share/modass/overrides/lustre-source: 1: debian/rules: Permission  │ denied" error.  We are sure that all the /debian/rules in the lustre source tree are u+x.

Is there another way to load the modules without module-assistant? Or is there some init.d setting that we may be missing?

Don