[Lustre-discuss] python lustre os.stat(path)

Emyr James emyrjames1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 03:39:53 PST 2011

Hi,
I've written a python script to walk the lustre filesystem, get the
os.stat details for each file to get the file owner id and then
generates a report of the total file size used by each user. I'm doing
it this way as users own files sprinkled throughout the filesystem as
opposed to all being filed away in neat subdirectories for each user. As
this is just using the standard posix stuff it's slow as it goes to the
OSS's to get the file info from there. Presumably it should be possible
to get this info from the MDS ? If so, what lustre specific commands
would be useful ? Is there a python module out there that links into the
lustre client libraries to access info direct from the MDS ?
Regards,
Emyr