[Lustre-discuss] Anybody have a client running on a 2.6.37 or later kernel?

Carlson, Timothy S Timothy.Carlson at pnnl.gov
Fri Oct 21 20:49:57 PDT 2011

Folks,

I've got a need to run a 2.6.37 or later kernel on client machines in order to properly support AMD Interlagos CPUs. My other option is to switch from RHEL 5.x to RHEL 6.x and use the whamcloud 1.8.6-wc1 patchless client (the latest RHEL 6 kernel also supports Interlagos). But I would first like to investigate using a 2.6.37 or later kernel on RHEL 5.

I have a running kernel and started down the path of building Lustre against 2.6.37.6 and ran into the changes that have been made wrt to ioctl(), proc structures, etc.  I am *not* a kernel programmer would rather not mess around too much in the source.

So I am asking if anyone has successfully patched up Lustre to get a client working with 2.6.37.6 or later.

Thanks!

Tim