[Lustre-discuss] Setting up a lustre test environment

Kristen J. Webb kwebb at teradactyl.com
Fri Sep 9 11:43:23 PDT 2011

Hi All,

I am new to Luster and want to set up a test system using 2.1.
Since this is a test environment, I'm willing to go
bleeding edge and feedback my experiences to the community.

1. Any significant problems using CentOS vs. RHEL?

2. Any problems using vmware (fusion on OSX to be exact) for test
clients and servers?

3. I was unable to get a clear answer trying to google
inkernel vs. ofa.  Is ofa only needed for infiniband?

4. For initial testing, any problems with installing all
of the lustre modules onto a single system?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kris
--
Mr. Kristen J. Webb