[Lustre-discuss] Problems with multiple lustre filesystems

J Alejandro Medina josea.medina at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 18:09:29 PDT 2011

Hi to all,

Our organization has recently configured two Lustre filesystems on a Linux
cluster. Both filesystems are connected to the same 10GBe VLAN. We have
tested both filesystems with iOzone and other benchmarking software without
errors.

When copying data from one filesystem to the other we experience excessive
broadcast messages. The network crawls down to its knees until both
filesystems stop responding.

If we test both filesystems separately we do not see this behavior.

Any ideas?
--
J. Alejandro Medina