[Lustre-discuss] help for endless e2fsck

enqiang zhou eqzhou at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 23:58:36 PDT 2011

hi,all

We experienced a serious raid problem and OST on the RAID corrupted, it
could not be mounted.
Dmesg showed message as bellow when I tryed to mount it as ldiskfs,

LDISKFS-fs error (device sdd): ldiskfs_check_descriptors: Checksum for group
14208 failed (51136!=40578)
LDISKFS-fs: group descriptors corrupted!

Then I tryed to repair it using e2fsck but entering a endless loop, e2fsck
never stop! And I couldn't mount it as ldiskfs after I sent kill signal to
e2fsck.
I also tryed some advice found on list, like "tune2fs -O ununit_bg /dev/xxx,
then e2fsck", but none could be helpfull. Our lustre version is 1.8.1.1 with
e2fsprogs-1.41.10.sun2
Can Mr Andreas Dilger give me some advice?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Best Regards