[Lustre-discuss] Lustre on Debian

Chris Jewell chris.jewell at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Apr 1 12:04:35 PDT 2012

On 1 Apr 2012, at 15:08, Mario Benitez wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm trying to set up Luster on Debian (server & clients). Any hints out there?

Hi Mario,

My solution for the server was to use 'alien' to convert the rpm packages for a) a supported RHEL kernel (eg from CentOS), b) the Lustre packages.  I then installed these on my Ubuntu 10.04 servers.  Everything appears to work well.

Do note, however, that it's probably a good idea to 'hold' the kernel package to prevent Ubuntu updates from switching over to a newer (Ubuntu) kernel.

Chris

--
Dr Chris Jewell
Department of Statistics