[Lustre-discuss] Is there possibility to protect lustre servers from lustre clients?

qing gang.qin at cern.ch
Thu Apr 12 08:55:41 PDT 2012

Dear Lustre experts:

   As far as I know, Lustre can not distinguish between machines. All machines that access the system has complete access to administrative commands. The
superuser in any machine has complete control over the whole file system, and any misuse, intended or accidental might cause server damage. But I still want to know if there is possibility to protect the lustre servers from lustre clients? If yes, how?

  Cheers,Gang