[Lustre-discuss] Limits for o2ib lnet network numbers

Liang Zhen liang at whamcloud.com
Wed Aug 8 07:38:57 PDT 2012

Hi, LNet reserved 32 bits for network number, so you can choose a very large network number if only have a few networks, but really create many networks will have some issues:
- o2iblnd will pre-allocate memory resources for each network, so it will consume a lot of memory
- Main stream LNet will have performance issue if there're many networks, for example, hundreds, although it's not difficult to fix this.

Liang