[Lustre-discuss] Canceled: Benchmarking Working Group

Vanderbilt, Richard Richard.Vanderbilt at netapp.com
Fri Aug 31 11:07:01 PDT 2012

It has been a pleasure to have met each of you either in person or by phone.  I will be leaving this group and Netapp to pursue other career opportunities.  The work done by this group is valuable and I encourage you to continue this effort.  If you would like to assist in Co-chairing the BWG with Sarp Oral, he would be appreciative.  Netapp will continue their involvement with BWG.  Branislav and Robert Dilmore are committed to its success.
A new bridge number and invitation will be sent to you from Sarp.  This group will meet bi-monthly and will continue to pursue making the survey a success.

Thanks for all of your discussions.

Sincerely,

Richard Vanderbilt

Meghan, thanks for participating in the Benchmarking Work Group (BWG).  And Congrats on the new baby!
Here is the weekly invite.

Talk to you on Friday, (unless preoccupied :) )

Richard Vanderbilt
Co-Chair BWG

The OpenSFS Benchmarking Workgroup aims to provide an I/O benchmark suite to satisfy the benchmarking requirements of the scalable parallel file system users and facilities. Towards this end, as a first step, the workgroup aims to characterize the I/O workloads from small- to very large-scale scalable parallel file systems deployed at various high-performance computing and parallel computing facilities and institutions. Using these gathered characteristics, the workgroup will then collect and build the required I/O benchmarks to emulate these workloads and provide required documentation about the benchmark suite.

The workgroup meeting will reoccur every Friday at 8:30am Pacific time. 1 hour each. The dial-in is as follows: 1(866)844-9418 id# 4088226016.

Also note: we will be having our first face to face meeting on Sunday April 22nd from 2:00-5:00pm at the LUG.  Details to come.

On Tuesday April 24 4:10-5:00pm there will be a Benchmark panel discussion moderated by Sarp Oral. Panelist will be Jeremy Filizetti (DOD), Andrew Uselton (NERSC), Eric Barton (Whamcloud), Nathan Rutman (Xyratex), Stephane Thiell (CEA), and Stephen Simms (IU).

If you are interested in contributing to this work group, please email Sarp Oral at oralhs at ornl.gov<mailto:oralhs at ornl.gov> or myself at richard.vanderbilt at netapp.com<mailto:richard.vanderbilt at netapp.com>.

Sincerely,

Sarp Oral, PhD
National Center for Computational Sciences Oak Ridge National Laboratory oralhs at ornl.gov<mailto:oralhs at ornl.gov>
865-574-2173