[Lustre-discuss] How smart is Lustre?

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Thu Dec 20 12:11:14 PST 2012

In my experience, if there is a particular driver for multipathing from the
vendor, go for that. In our setup, we have Oracle/Sun disk arrays and with
the standard linux multipathing daemon, I would get lots of weird I/O
errors. Turns out the disk arrays had picked their preferred path, but
Linux was trying to talk to the LUNs on both paths and would only receive a
response on the preferred one.

There is an rdac driver that can be installed. Simply disable the
multipathing daemon or configure it to ignore the disk arrays and use the
vendor solution. I had no more I/O errors(Which only served to slow down
the boot up process).