[Lustre-discuss] [Lustre-devel] Lustre 1.8.7 - Setup prototype in Research field - STUCK !

Samuel Aparicio saparicio at bccrc.ca
Sat Feb 25 22:51:28 PST 2012

as far as I can see client rebuilding is not working via rpmbuild.

there appears to be no SRPMS directory in the 1.8.7-wc1 client tree and

rpmbuild --rebuild lustre-client-source-1.8.7-wc1_2.6.18_274.3.1.el5.x86_64.rpm
Installing lustre-client-source-1.8.7-wc1_2.6.18_274.3.1.el5.x86_64.rpm
error: source package expected, binary found
error: lustre-client-source-1.8.7-wc1_2.6.18_274.3.1.el5.x86_64.rpm cannot be installed

suggests this is not the correct rpm - (looks like a source tree install binary ..??)

we are stuck - need to compile the1.8.7-wc1 client against our own kernel ... any ideas welcome.
i think i once did this by compiling the lustre source on a tree without the presence of a patched kernel, which defaults to client only build.
would this work??

Professor Samuel Aparicio BM BCh PhD FRCPath
Nan and Lorraine Robertson Chair UBC/BC Cancer Agency
675 West 10th, Vancouver V5Z 1L3, Canada.
office: +1 604 675 8200 lab website http://molonc.bccrc.ca