[Lustre-discuss] Lustre on recent kernels (3.1/2)

Yuri D'Elia wavexx at thregr.org
Fri Jan 13 06:08:41 PST 2012

Hi everyone. Is it planned to port Lustre to a recent kernel version, such as the new 3.2?

I'm asking because we run into a nasty RHEL kernel bug (still reproducible on 2.6.32-220):

  https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/12/7/459

We tried to contact RHEL to support us on this issue, but so far we had no response. Meanwhile we migrated all our workload on a recent kernel version (starting with 3.1) and we weren't able to reproduce the problem anymore. We don't have the resources to debug/trace-back the problem ourselves, so we switched away from Lustre during that time.

Thanks for any pointer.