[Lustre-discuss] e2fsck-wc4 speed

Samuel Aparicio saparicio at bccrc.ca
Thu Jul 5 12:59:11 PDT 2012

vm stats suggest e2fsck is needing upto 153Gb of memory space on this particular lustre OST, I am thinking we may just upgrade the server to 192Gb of memory and see if that solves the issue.?
does anyone on the newsgroup have insight into calculation the expected e2fsck memory usage to know if that would be enough?

Professor Samuel Aparicio BM BCh PhD FRCPath
Nan and Lorraine Robertson Chair UBC/BC Cancer Agency
675 West 10th, Vancouver V5Z 1L3, Canada.
office: +1 604 675 8200 lab website http://molonc.bccrc.ca