[Lustre-discuss] [Discuss] coverage measurement for some lustre test suites

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Sat Jul 21 10:35:50 PDT 2012

On 2012-07-18, at 6:49 AM, Roman Grigoryev wrote:
> we did some work for collecting code coverage which generate some Lustre
> tests.
>
> Results are available on opensfs site
> http://www.opensfs.org/foswiki/bin/view/Lustre/CodeCoverage ,
> please look and comment it.

This looks quite interesting.  I guess the next step is to figure out which functions are receiving no coverage during testing, and write tests to exercise them.

I suspect one type of function which gets very little testing is the lprocfs functions.  Writing a simple test to read all of the functions would get coverage, but it would be better to have actual tests that verify the content of the files is actually correct.

Andreas Dilger                       Whamcloud, Inc.
Principal Lustre Engineer            http://www.whamcloud.com/