[Lustre-discuss] un-even distribution of data over OSTs

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Fri Mar 9 05:23:31 PST 2012

One possibility could be that a user had run "lfs setstripe -i" and forced a specific starting ost index.  If that was done on a directory, I believe all files created in that directory would inherit the value.  This could lead to a case where no individual file was large, but all those files ended up on the same ost and filled up the space.

--
Rick Mohr
HPC System Administrator