[Lustre-discuss] Anyone using ACLs?

Mario David david at lip.pt
Tue Mar 13 10:33:04 PDT 2012

hi Craig

we still have lustre 1.8.6, but we (and several other sites) have been using acl's for a long time with no reported problem, i.e.
lustre is a backend FS for a thing called Storm (storage resource managers, a grid storage thing) exposed to external grid users
the way storm SW works it sets and modifies acl's according to whatever user or usage,

I didn't experiment or set "default" acl's, though I suppose they should also work OK

cheers
Mario