[Lustre-discuss] [wc-discuss] Re: Lustre and cross-platform portability

Nathan Rutman Nathan_Rutman at xyratex.com
Thu Mar 15 15:53:49 PDT 2012

We had a thought that a FUSE-based client based on liblustre might make sense to avoid the NFS/Samba re-export problems (scalability, coherency), at the potential price of some performance.  You mentioned on the phone this morning that someone had already done something like this in the past?  If we revive this work, presumably we can drop the Mac native client.
On the other hand, I agree that the baggage is large, and it will take much more work to see this through, and without a real champion and/or a real community need, I understand the desire to drop it.