[Lustre-discuss] Reliabilty improvement system for Lustre

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Thu May 24 10:34:36 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-24, at 8:34 AM, 李希 wrote:
>      I am happy to announce the release of MTFS. It is an open source project whose aim is to improve the reliablity of lustre and other file systems. MTFS is a stackable file system which uses lower file system's directories as its branches, and automatically generate multiple identical replica of files or directories, while everything being kept transparent to users.
>     It can be downloaded from multifs.com/mtfs_newest.tar.gz or http://code.google.com/p/mtfs/downloads/list. Any suggestion or question will be welcome.

This looks interesting - pretty similar to GlusterFS I guess?

Short of reading the code, is there any description of how this works?
Is it a user-space FUSE driver, a kernel module, something else?
How does it achieve increased reliability?  How does it deal with faults?

Andreas Dilger                       Whamcloud, Inc.
Principal Lustre Engineer            http://www.whamcloud.com/