[Lustre-discuss] Exa-scale IO Workshop Thursday Nov 15, Salt Lake Marriott (across from Convention Center)

Kevin Canady kevin_canady at xyratex.com
Wed Nov 14 07:29:41 PST 2012

Friendly reminder.  If your at SC and like to come for lunch and discussion on important exa-scale I/O middleware work for next generation computing, just drop me a note back that you will be attending.  Seating is limited!

I'd like to invite you to the upcoming EIOW meeting on Thursday, November 15th, 2012 in the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown City Creek:
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/slcut-salt-lake-marriott-downtown-at-city-creek/
It will be held in the Solitude meeting room which is on the lobby level of the hotel. The meeting will begin at 12pm and lunch will be provided.

Agenda:

12:00 - 12:45 Peter Braam - Welcome & Technical overview of EIOW.
(Working lunch)

13:15 - 13:45 Hugo Falter - EIOW research, development and EOFS participation: the road forward

13:45 - 14:45 Peter Braam, Michael Kluge, Sai Narasimhamurthy: HA and RAS for EIOW

14:45 - 15:15 Discussion and break

15:15 - 16:15 Toni Cortes, Nikita Danilov - Interfaces, Schemas and Scalability

16:15 - 17:30 Discussion, next actions and wrap up

EIOW is an Open Source project to design exa-scale I/O middleware.  During 2012 requirements have been gathered and initial work has been done on the architecture of such middleware.  Most of our thoughts about this can be found on http://eiow.org.

P. Kevin Canady
EIOW, Community Manager
Director, Business Development Lustre and HPC Services
kevin_canady at xyratex.com
O: 510-687-5475
C: 415.505.7701