[Lustre-discuss] Same file with different filesize in Lustre filesystem on two different clients

Yujun Wu yujun at fnal.gov
Tue Oct 2 11:31:20 PDT 2012

Hello,

Could somebody give us some help on this? We have a file in Lustre
filesystem shows different behavor from two different client nodes:

On one client node **ds1**, it shows the correct size and its content is
visible:

[root at ds1 ~]# ls -l /lqcdproj/djholm/nHYPBSM/VOV473.note
-rw-r--r-- 1 djholm g023 102 Oct  2 08:06
/lqcdproj/djholm/nHYPBSM/VOV473.note

On another node ***lqcdsrm***, the filesize is zero and its content is
empty:

[root at lqcdsrm ~]# ls -l /lqcdproj/djholm/nHYPBSM/VOV473.note
-rw-r--r-- 1 djholm g023 0 Oct  2 08:06 /lqcdproj/djholm/nHYPBSM/VOV473.note

I checked the files wrote late under the same directory and it seems
fine and I can view its content on the same node showing the strange
behavor (lqcdsrm). There is no ldlm errors during around the time the
file was written on both the client node and the OSS. We are using 1.8.8.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Regards,
Yujun