[Lustre-discuss] Service thread count parameter

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Mon Oct 15 11:20:25 PDT 2012

How does one estimate a good number of service threads? I'm not sure I
understand the following: 1 thread / 128MB * number of cpus

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:17 AM, Jean-Francois Le Fillatre
<jean-francois.lefillatre at clumeq.ca> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> It needs to be specified as a module parameter at boot time, in
> /etc/modprobe.conf. Check the Lustre tuning page:
> http://wiki.lustre.org/manual/LustreManual18_HTML/LustreTuning.html
> http://wiki.lustre.org/manual/LustreManual20_HTML/LustreTuning.html
>
> Note that once created, the threads won't be destroyed, so if you want to
> lower your thread count you'll need to reboot your system.
>
> Thanks,
> JF
>

> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:00 PM, David Noriega <tsk133 at my.utsa.edu> wrote:
>>
>> Is this a parameter, ost.OSS.ost_io.threads_max, when set via lctl
>> conf_parm will persist between reboots/remounts?
>

> --
> Jean-François Le Fillâtre
> Calcul Québec / Université Laval, Québec, Canada
> jean-francois.lefillatre at clumeq.ca

--
David Noriega
CSBC/CBI System Administrator
University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, TX 78249
Office: BSE 3.114
Phone: 210-458-7100
http://www.cbi.utsa.edu

Please remember to acknowledge the RCMI grant , wording should be as
stated below:This project was supported by a grant from the National
Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (G12MD007591) from
the National Institutes of Health. Also, remember to register all
publications with PubMed Central.