[Lustre-discuss] Lustre-error on MPIIO shared file operation

abhisekpan at gmail.com abhisekpan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:35:15 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am trying to run the IOR benchmark with the MPIIO API on a lustre
installation. There are two client nodes involved, each running one
IOR process, and when I use the shared file option in IOR, which means
that both the nodes operate on the same file, I get an error:

kernel:LustreError: 5142:0:(cl_page.c:1367:cl_page_completion())
ASSERTION( (!(pg->cp_type == CPT_CACHEABLE) ||
(!PageWriteback(cl_page_vmpage(env, pg)))) ) failed:

Message from syslogd at machinename ...
 kernel:LustreError: 5142:0:(cl_page.c:1367:cl_page_completion()) LBUG

This does not happen when I use the "separate file per process
option". Please let me know if you have any ideas about why this is
happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
--
Abhisek
Live Long and Prosper