[Lustre-discuss] lustre_rsync and verbose output of changed files?

Fourie Joubert fourie.joubert at up.ac.za
Thu Sep 27 04:27:27 PDT 2012

Hi

I need to back up a Lustre filesystem using TSM, and am trying to find a
way to generate a list of changed files from the Lustre changelogs, so
that I can pass this list to dsmc to backup only the specified files
(rather than having TSM traverse the filesystem to scan for changes).

It seems like one way to potentially do this, is to run lustre_rsync
using the --dry-run option, and get a list of the files that
lustre_rsync would have copied, and then pass these to dsmc as a filelist.

The lustre_rsync documentation says that --dry-run "Shows the output of
lustre_rsync commands (copy, mkdir, etc.) on the target file system
without actually executing them."

When I test lustre_rsync with --dry-run and --verbose, the statuslog
file is correctly updated, but I can't get it to show the commands that
would have taken place during a sync - nothing like that is printed to
the screen.

Any advice for generating a list of changed files would be highly
appreciated!

Best regards!

Fourie

--
Prof Fourie Joubert
fourie.joubert at up.ac.za
http://www.bi.up.ac.za
Tel. +27-12-420-5825
Fax. +27-12-420-5800

This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer
to www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ for full details.